Wednesday, December 22, 2010

KENDRA WILKINSON : "MY FIRST YEAR AS A MOM"


Now that baby Hank turned 1 on December 11, Kendra reflects back her first year of motherhood.

On the hardest part of being a mom: "Balancing everything! The show's shooting schedule now revolves around baby Hank's eating and sleeping. He's in charge, and he determines when I work! But all of the normal mom stuff, like changing diapers and breast-feeding, came very naturally to me."

On her son's first steps: "A few weeks ago, I had a feeling he was going to walk. My father-in-law was with me in L.A., but I wanted Hank, who was in Minnesota, to be the first to see it. So I said, 'Pop, can you run out and get groceries?' Then I told Hank to Skype immediately. The baby stood up and took 12 real steps in front of us!"

On having a walking baby: "There is someone always by his side, but he's in that exploring stage. I let him go into the cabinets with the pots and pans. He'll pull them out and start banging them. I don't care about the noise. I actually love it!" 

On Daddy-son time: "We just went back [to Minnesota] for Thanksgiving. They've been spending a lot of boy time together alone while I'm traveling. He's even taking him to playgroup and baby classes and calling his teammates with kids to have playdates. The baby is his pride and joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment